Thursday, September 25, 2014
Deb Mortillaro and Dreadnought wines takes us to South Africa for this voyage.Priory October (Al Fresco - Hopefully!) Wine Tasting
Thursday, October 16, 2014
October brings a taste of California's some of California's hottest new wine pioneers.
Source: North Side Chronicle
May 08, 2014
The North Side Chronicle's Alyse Horn covered the Priory Hotel's "Stash Bash" party celebrating the Priory's affiliation with Stash Hotel Rewards, a nationwide network of indpendent hotels which offers a rewards program where guests can build up points toward fee stays. Stash Hotel Rewards is affiliated with more than 180 indpendent hotels nationwide.
Stash Hotel Rewards is a program which allows you to earn points towards free rooms at The Priory Hotel and other unique independent hotels all across the U.S. It's free to join - so click the logo and start earning points today!
Finally, a hotel rewards program that lets you
stay where you want
- One-of-a-kind hotels dedicated to the spirit of meaningful travel
- Earn free rooms ridiculously fast
- Redeem points easily-no blackout dates*
The Priory Hotel is now a part of Stash Hotel Rewards
* Points earned apply to room reservation only.
As home to the Whiskey Rebellion of the 1790's, where citizens of Western Pennsylvania rose up against the United States government's imposition of new taxes on whiskey, the Pittsburgh region has a long tradition of making distilled spirits. As time has moved on, most production of whiskeys has migrated to Kentucky and Tennessee. However, in 2011 the Meyer family launched Wigle Whiskey in the Strip District, the first whiskey distillery in the city of Pittsburgh in many a moon. Named after one of the primary whiskey rebels (who was dragged to Philadelphia and hanged), Wigle Whiskey distills and bottles both rye and grain whiskeys, and they do it the old fashioned way, grinding the grain in their distillery.
The folks at Wigle Whiskey open their distillery for a tour and tasting every Saturday at 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m., where they will show you the ins and outs of whiskey making. You also get a taste of the fruits of their labor -- either straight or in cocktail form.
The Priory is proud to partner with Wigle Whiskey to offer a unique overnight package featuring a tour of this fantastic facility. The Wigle Whiskey Tour Package features:
* An overnight in either a Standard Queen or Deluxe King room at the Priory;
* Two tour admissions to a Wigle Whiskey tour and tasting ($40 value) (note that tours occur on Saturday only, at 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m.;
* Two admissions to the Heinz Hisotry Center in the Strip District ($24 value);
* Champagne in your room at check in;
* Transporation to and from your various Wigle Whiskey Package destinations courtesy of our Priory Hotel shuttle.
The Wigle Whiskey Tour package is well priced at $229 plus tax for a Standard Queen room and $249 per night plus tax for a Deluxe King room. All prices are per double occupancy.
$229 plus tax for a Standard Queen room; $249 plus tax for Deluxe King room
Visit the Heinz History Center Website