Thursday, June 20, 2013
Enjoy some light, summery wines in our courtyard with our wine host Joe Barsotti.
Source: Wall Street Journal
June 01, 2013
In this article on the hep and happening in Pittsburgh, the author interviewed four prominent Pittsburghers regarding their favorite places in the city. The Priory Hotel was singled out by Andy Warhol Museum Executive Director Eric Shiner as his favorite place for a "sound sleep." Said Mr. Shiner: "It's a unique property, a renovated monastery, with events held in a former church."
The Strip District is a curious neighborhood, with residential lofts on one block, a sprinkling of row houses on another, and a series of warehouses sandwiched in between provides a captivating opportunity to explore an innovative re-imagining of obsolete urban industrial spaces. For those with an interest in culture, the Strip District also provides a home to a world-class museum and an exceptional gallery of contemporary crafts.
Strip District visitors can also explore the 16:62 Design Zone, Pittsburgh's design and decor district in Lawrenceville. Beginning at 16th Street and stretching to 62nd Street in the adjacent neighborhood of Lawrenceville, this collection of art galleries, antique shops, specialty boutiques, and professional design studios offers home furnishings--from funky to fine art.
The Strip District is exhilarating and dynamic. It evolves from day to night, from weekday to weekend, from year to year. A stroll through the Strip is a trip into the essence of Pittsburgh's multi-cultural history...where diverse cultures and commerce intersect.
The Discover the Strip Package includes:
- Standard queen room accommodations for two at The Priory;
- Complimentary champagne for two in your guestroom;
- Two passes (and a 10% discount at the museums shops) to the Heinz History Center.
- $60 Dinner voucher to Rolands Seafood Grill, Cioppino, or Lidia's Pittsburgh.
- Complimentary Strip District Map and Tote Bag;
- Complimentary gifts from Strip District retailers such as Collage, Roxanne's Flowers, and the new Strip District Market;
- More Strip District coupons.