Source: Wall Street Journal
June 01, 2013
In this article on the hep and happening in Pittsburgh, the author interviewed four prominent Pittsburghers regarding their favorite places in the city. The Priory Hotel was singled out by Andy Warhol Museum Executive Director Eric Shiner as his favorite place for a "sound sleep." Said Mr. Shiner: "It's a unique property, a renovated monastery, with events held in a former church."
Business as usual is anything but usual at the Priory Hotel. For frequent travelers, used to seeing the same faux wood headboards and factory-produced art at cookie cutter hotels around the country, the Priory, with its elegant, individually appointed guest rooms, high ceilings and huge windows offers an experience which is unique unto itself. There’s no other place just like the Priory Hotel – it is a one-of-a-kind place blending a historical structure with modern conveniences.
And with our new Deluxe King rooms, business guests – designed with the business traveler in mind, offer generous work spaces with easy high speed Internet access in elegant surroundings.
For the business traveler, the Priory also offers
- Complimentary wireless high speed Internet access
- Hard wired data ports (also complimentary) in all Deluxe King rooms and selected rooms in our original wing
- New fitness center (opened in March 2011)
- New business center (opened in March 2011)
- A variety of meeting spaces to accommodate groups of many sizes, including the new Chapter House meeting rooms (opened March 2011)
- Complimentary parking, with easy in and out access
- Complimentary weekday morning shuttle to downtown and North Side locations
- In-room safes
- Laundry service (subject to certain restrictions)
- In-room coffeemakers
- Complimentary expanded continental breakfast